Knowing God’s Will


I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sat with friends talking about decisions being made, discussing staying in the Will of God.
I think we often make this harder on ourselves in different ways. Some of it is that we just plain ol over think it.
 We try to work out every way that it could go wrong and how to avoid a mistake . Or we work in our head all the ways we want God to work out our plans for our favor and call it His Will.

“To humans belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

We think too much of ourselves. Some of us think too much of ourselves in the regard that we hold ourselves. Some of us think too much of ourselves in the amount of time we give our thoughts to ourselves.
Neither is right.
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.

My days go so much better when I am thinking of myself less, by thinking of God more. I have been guided frequently lately on the matter of humility. I cannot make myself humble by thinking less of myself- at that point I am still thinking of myself. I only become Humble by thinking of God more.
Both thinking of God more in how often I am thinking of Him and of how Highly I view Him.
For it is in viewing Him in His right place that I will gain the perspective that His Will is  something to be desired. By placing Him in His proper place that my selfish desires are put into the proper perspective.
When I have placed God in His place of being viewed as Holy I desire to know His thought on how my life is going. It is only when I have done this that I am willing to repent. Until that moment that I decide that His thoughts are more desirable than my own thoughts I cannot recognize that His rebuke is for my good. Because until that point His rebuke will offend my sense on self and I will rebel. As I am prone to do.
Pray with me today to have the willingness to place Gods will above our own. Pray with me today to place God in His proper position that we may receive His rebuke and repent so that He May pour out His thoughts to us that we may be transformed.

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Comments

Popular Posts